First Watt J2 installed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently I specified and installed a First Watt J2 in an upper-end system in Missoula, MT. Speakers are Wayne Parham's Pi-7's (horn-loaded) with flanking subs. I built the B1 input buffer for the system. As a 72-yr-old retired recording engineer, I think I've heard some exemplary sound in my day. However nothing I've heard has been better than this result.:D

First Watt J2

Some interesting info---- First, the J2 did not go into MY system, it went into the listening archive of a well-known composer. So I am still mourning the fleeting time that I spent with it. It does indeed sound superb. I've never heard better detail, accuracy and naturalness. This is perhaps the FIRST amp that I can say lends NO character of its own to the reproduction process. As I think I mentioned, I teamed the J2 up with a B1 that I built with the identical styling of the J2.

About 3 years ago, I built an F5 and B1 for myself. They are great, but my intention is now to build the J2.

Perhaps I should not tell you that Nelson sent me the schematic, so I am guessing that he is going to release it to all of us soon. Papa is a super guy, it's hard to say enough complimentary things about such a person. I know everyone here realizes how much he has added to our lives.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I will wait for the release of the version from Mr Pass. I have the output devices waiting. And wait I will. Not hard to do, already having the M2. It is a treasure as well.

I collected up the JBL drivers (that were specified at the time) for the 7pi, but lost interest when EconoWave was raging. Still have the Ewaves, starting to regret selling those JBL drivers.

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.