DIY Store Soft Start/Speaker Delay for Aleph J?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if that's still the case with soft start (meaning there was no change ) - I wrote several times few things :

-paralleling fixed resistors isn't particularly wise ...... putting tjhem in series is only logical
-better to use string of NTC resistors than fixed ones ....... that way start is really soft (universal) , while with fixed resistors , thing need to be optimized for particular xformer - C bank combo

however ....... plenty of ppl are using them , so why bother :clown:

Are your speakers That precious ?
Been doing audio weenie stuff for 45 yrs and have Never yet had an issue.
IMO it's a recent affectation.
Sorta like Bicycle helmets, which by the way IMO (and research) are completely inadequate to purpose. Do your own research :)

Is your complaint that it is unnecessary or insufficient?

If I may be so forward.. some people project that their freedom (physical, from worry, by thought) is being constrained. It doesn't make them incorrect by virtue, but it can cause them to be ill-received. Most things in life are simply a perception. On topic - It's not a circuit waiting to blow up, and few bother. Trust is a perception too.

Wow, this turned into a weird response as it was a normal question.
In my personal experience I would say yes buy it. I just built the Aleph J a few months back and had a speaker thump when turning off the amp. This fixed that issue nicely and also gives you a soft start board in one kit. I say buy it, build it, and enjoy this great amp.

Wow, this turned into a weird response as it was a normal question.
In my personal experience I would say yes buy it. I just built the Aleph J a few months back and had a speaker thump when turning off the amp. This fixed that issue nicely and also gives you a soft start board in one kit. I say buy it, build it, and enjoy this great amp.

Was thinking just the same thing..

I had turn on/off thump also with my Aleph 5 - monos, solution was the same. Working just great now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.