Best choice for in/out caps Aleph p 1.7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bbakota2000,

You can find:
Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor made in France

like these at: www.solen.ca

For input caps...;)

Attachments

• polycaps.jpg
    polycaps.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 764
Let me pour some snakeoil. I belive that BG N type caps are much better than those Wimas. BG N caps are not your usual electrolytcs, but special blend that outperforms all the other electrolytics in coupling applications. I prefer them even to Jensens and Hovlands caps. ;)

PS: If you check percyaudio.com catalog, this is what he writes about those caps:

"Unrivaled performance in a unique graphite impregnated electrolytic design with ESR 1/5 to 1/20 that of
ordinary electrolytics, minimal phase delay, and extremely low noise floor, exceeding -160dB for some models.
No other electrolytic compares for low distortion, sonic purity, and extremely long life (up to 10X other electrolytics)."

He also had this piece of info posted on his site previously, but I guess it was way too much snakeoil so he removed it.:)

Attachments

• so1.jpg
    so1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 730
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.