"Light Touch" Class A Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, all the parts on the Light Touch except for the three main semiconductors are stuffed - there weren't that many, after all. The boards will probably get mounted on the heat sinks I was using for Aleph McSIT at BA16, while those boards will get shuffled on a common heat sink (Sunnyvale's Weird Stuff to the rescue) and bundled with a chassis and power supply (possibly with a whisper of forced air). As usual, the worst part of the project is dealing with the chassis and power supplies.

Last edited:
Here's what it looks like so far - it's a bitsy sort of board that will be perched on a big, big heat sink.

Attachments

• P1000230.jpg
    P1000230.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 353
Thanks for the Ixys reference, but I'm sticking with what I have on hand for the time being. What I do is done on borrowed/stolen time, so I can't go yiping after every bit of silicon/other stuff that gets dangled in front of me, however tempting. I have trouble completing projects as it is. :hypno2:
Having said that, I'm snapping up NOS jfets as fast I can grab them, even if they're in pestilential SO-type packages.

The next big hurdle for me will be making things pretty, so some poor yokel might actually be tempted to yank out his wallet rather than smile tolerantly and saunter away (sounds nice, looks like sh**).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.