What To Do With Those 2SJ28's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Moderator could fix it for you.

Greet idea, I am all for a SE project using my 2SJ28's. I have a sets of 2SJ28 and 2SK82 along with boards and brackets for another V-fet build, maybe, but then I was lucky enough to acquire an extra set of 2SJ28's with the hope of a new project one day. Circuitdiy sold out of them pretty quickly once NP introduced the V-fet project so there must be many more holding onto extra 2SJ28's like myself.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I would imagine that they would make a nice DEF amp if you could find
an N ch device with a high enough Vgs voltage.

The 6 to 12 V Vgs figures do make for convenient cascodes.

The last generation of Sony amplifiers used SITs to cascode bipolar devices.

ideas to put them to use

Take IRFP140/240 as cascode devices and place them like this:
70361f4452262217acad1586fbdaca8a.png

Then take any opamp and place it in front of that cascode.

Provide enough or even excessive current and enjoy.

I'll post a couple of sketches to kick it off when I get in front of my computer.

Title changed! Thanks, Soundhappy.

Oops, it looks like the title changes, but not the actual thread title. Bad Mike :)

Oops is my bad sorry because is only first post title not thread title correction option :eek:

Question: Could autoformer connected gain stage like in M2 or similar with adaptations can play together with v-fet 2SJ28 DEF ?
Moderate price Edcors transformers or Jensens are cool irons.
Not classic Toshiba jfet's front end this time rater make them with small signal sit's 2SK79 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.