IRFP044 Group Order

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, this isn't looking too good for a speedy delivery

I have just been speaking with sales at Richardson and they are calling IR for availability on 1800 FETS ......be aware, that on March 19 IR had in stock only 500 devices and Ilene informed me there could be a long delay. She will be contacting me sometime today (IR permitting) with more information.

The sales rep for Richardson said it could be as long as 12 weeks.

more news later.

Kevin

Speaking with the sales rep at Richardson, this is basically what they can do.

They can get 525 from IR, these will arrive in 2 weeks, another 900 will be available in the middle of April...the remainder in May...not good. I asked to speak with their account manager and they said that is all they can do!

Now I don't know how people feel about this but I'm not looking forward to it dragging out over a few months and obviously the impact to my credit card over that time. I won't bill people or expect payment if they are going to be kept waiting.

options that have been suggested!

make the order and distribute the FET's as they arrive and as the orders were added to the wiki...and damn the torpedoes as they say..this means late comers will be waiting a long time...sorry

drop the idea of going with Richardson and pay the still reasonable price from DigiKey $1.41 ea (which is the same as what IR quoted me for 1300) even though it is 50% over the price from Richardson.

scrap the whole idea?

up to you guys to convince me with reasonable arguments......if over 50% say they wont mind waiting I'll go ahead and order now...

Kevin

Kevin, whatever you decide to do, I support. After all, let's not forget that you're doing us the favor by organizing the buy.

If it were me, I would:

1) order the 1425 pieces (525+900)
2) impose an order limit per person (100 pieces?)

Doing the above would serve everyone currently signed up on the Wiki. If there is enough followup interest, another group buy could be organized by you or someone else through Richardson, IRF or Digikey.

indeed 50 per person would be great. In europe I can get them for €1.40 a piece so ordering at digikey wouldn't give me much advantage over richardson.
And persons who are in need of more then 50 pcs can always swap with persons who have more then enough after matching.

Ralph

Ralph
Excellent idea but most of the first signups on the wiki page are for orders of 50 or less.......

Ok guys...I'm going to ask that the wiki be unofficially closed but please anyone past the first 500 devices please either e-mail me or post your thoughts here so we can be as fair as we can to everyone.

This is what I propose, we close the group order for now.....and I'll wait till the end of this week (Friday) for anyone who wishes to drop out of the group purchase due to the time involved. We'll still be able to get the good price for anyone that remains in.....the only thing extra this will cost the end user is a delay. If I hear from everyone before then all the better.

Those people listed below Grimberg in the wiki page please e-mail me with your intention to continue or seek alternative sources. I need these numbers to place an order. Andrew (Big Parsnip)....you will get 75 as requested as I wouldnt be able to make the next users full request of 100.

Everyone else, I apologize for the circumstances beyond my control

On Friday 26th (possibly before)I will place an order with Richardson for the FETS for whoever is still in the group purchase and I will post instructions on how to get payment to me, shipping costs and other details. PayPal is preferred but a money order in US dollars is acceptable also. bear this in mind.

Hopefully I'll hear from everyone soon.

thanks for your patience and understanding

Kevin

I've taken the liberty of editing the Wiki to reflect the latest discussions on how the order will be allocated.

Primecase, please edit the section regarding whether order limits will be placed, as it affects a few people near the end of the list.

Also, it looks like Michi124 added an entry as this decision was made. I've created a waitlist section and placed Michi124 there in case anyone drops out.

bzo....thank you for keeping an eye on things

I have been taking care of the missus after surgery...so I can be a little scarce at times.

I'll edit the wiki shortly, in all fairness about limits on the orders I hate to do that but in fairness to those at the bottom of the list I may just say 50 each for now and it will mean no one has to wait too long. It also means that shipping, postage and general hassles are lessened.

I'll think on this a little.

Kevin

Third delivery period?

Hi all,

Since I was ill for a few days, I missed the start of this thread a few days ago..... :mad:

But I would still be interested in 150 pcs. of the IRFP044 @ $0.87 a piece and added my order in the "Wait List" section on the WIKI page.

I am in no real hurry and could wait a little longer for delivery since I still have to order many of the other parts, and I guess others will have to do this also.

I hope that you Kevin can use your existing contacts with Richardson to extend this order in time or place a second order for a later delivery date at this really good price.
(See also my private mail to you)

Henry

Originally posted by PrimeCase

Those people listed below Grimberg in the wiki page please e-mail me with your intention to continue or seek alternative sources. I need these numbers to place an order. Andrew (Big Parsnip)....you will get 75 as requested as I wouldnt be able to make the next users full request of 100.

Kevin [/B]

I e-mail you, as you request. I participate avec with PsyKoK for 200u.

Marc

Ok Gents.....

Another update for everyone,

I have set up a premiere pay pal account to accept payment(details coming later) and have figured out shipping costs using global priority mail for overseas purchases (except Italy, for some strange reason it isn't available, sorry) and priority mail for domestic purchases.

the pay pal fee's are quite reasonable and similar to a small retailer's fee's on credit card purchases, 3.9% and a $0.30 transaction fee. I will be contacting everyone with a mailshot giving details and a breakdown of costs, there will be a 2.5% added to the cost of the fets to cover shipping to me and the cost of packaging materials....this is about $33 on the total purchase. Any aditional left over will be donated to DIY Audio.

I have these users confirmed so far

Rarkov, UK, 32
Bigparsnip, UK, 75
Magura, Denmark, 10
Primecase, USA, 50 (organiser?)
bzo, USA, 50
stefanobilliani, Italy, 50
audionut, USA, 50
Ruben, Switzerland, 50
jwb, USA, 50
Grimberg, USA, 50

jormajj, Finland, 100 ..................confirmed
Kilowattski, USA, 100...................confirmed
leadbelly, Canada, 40 ..................confirmed
eratez,USA,25 ..........................confirmed
rwagter, The Netherlands, 50...........confirmed
PsykoK?, France, 200.....................confirmed

Michi124, Germany, 100.................confirmed
byteboy, The Netherlands, 150......confirmed

People, I appreciate your patience, Richardson are ready and waiting for my call....if you are in or out of the group purchase please let me know so I don't have to keep anyone waiting longer than necessary(sic)

Thank you

Kevin

Just a thought.......

The Reichelt Gp buy is on hold for a day or two.

1.41 digikey plus 17.5% VAT (for the customs) = 1.66 USD = 1.35 Euros (ish).

Reichelt are banging out IRFP044Ns for 1.20 Euros. If you can't wait, why not have a look at Andypairo's WIKI?

I am going to hold on until Part II of this order, though, as I am planning on building my AX in 2007!! ;)

Cheers

Jon :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.