IRFP044 Group Order - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th March 2004, 04:04 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up IRFP044 Group Order

Hi All

Bigparsnip has kindly set up a wiki for a IRFP044 group order, There are details over here IRFP044 Group Order Wiki Page

I will have updates on lead times sometime after 22:00 GMT on Monday.

Thanks to all concerned

Kevin
Old 20th March 2004, 05:28 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

A quick update for all concerned, we are above minimum order and I'll be on the phone to Richardson electronics on Monday, keep your eyes peeled on this page and the wiki for an update.

I live in central Missouri and Richardson are in IL and shipping by UPS ground takes 2 or 3 days maximum, so no problems there.

400+ devices are already on the wiki page and I'd encourage anyone to add themselves to the list. April 1st will be the cut off point for this order. I'll have to finalize payment details and contact information but rest assured the only thing extra to the end users will be, PayPal fee's, postage and possibly any unforseen extras like padded bags or boxes for postage. I'm not going to be making anything on this order and like a lot of group purchases any extra monies left over from this will be donated to the Diyaudio site. If anyone want's to co-ordinate distribution in Europe, that would be appreciated too.

Many thanks guys and girls

Kevin
Old 20th March 2004, 05:45 PM   #3
bzo is offline bzo  United States
diyAudio Member

When I spoke to the sales agent at Richarson, I had her look into the lead time. She indicated that it shouldn't be more than a week or two.

Incidentally, for those interested in the IRFP240 devices, Richardson also has them at an excellent price of $1.27 qty < 100, and $0.98 qty >= 100. While they are on order also, the sales agent told me that there was no minimum order on those. So anyone should be able to order them on their own from their web site.
Old 20th March 2004, 06:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

In addition the heatsinks I pointed out in the other thread are available at $51 each length. Using 2 x 18" lengths (4 x 8.75") cut into 4 peices total gives a good amount of heatsinking for an amplifier with 8 (or 12) fets per channel running 13-15v rails with up to 7 amps bias. This gives an estimated rise above ambient of around 30-33C dissipation of around 26w per fet.
This is how I'll be running my amplifier, obviously users are free to use what they like but for keeping it as economical as possible (ok, I admit I'm related to Scrooge) this is an easy way to go.

I'll post some pictures on the builders thread to show how they look.

Kevin
Old 21st March 2004, 12:56 PM   #5
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Ill sort out the european distribution.

For europeans you will have to add customs duty. Ill find out how many percent that is tomorrow.

Magura
Old 21st March 2004, 03:44 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Magura
Thanks for the help, I have thought about getting the FET's to you in one large package already divided up in individual packages labled and ready to go to the end user. Customs duty might be a bit of a pain but I'll talk to one or two people who have done group purchases in the past to see how they handled it.

contact me by e-mail and we'll figure something out, I want this to be as painless as possible for you.

thank you

Kevin
Old 21st March 2004, 04:47 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I know this may seem a bit strange, but wouldnt' ti be cheeper to simply pop the FETs for each none USA person into a small USPS Global Priority mail envolop and send them out individulay, as that would only cost $5 each and will generaly avoid customs as it is such a small pacakage.

Just my 2 cents though, so please don't be offended or put off at all.
Old 21st March 2004, 04:50 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigparsnip
I know this may seem a bit strange, but wouldnt' ti be cheeper to simply pop the FETs for each none USA person into a small USPS Global Priority mail envolop and send them out individulay, as that would only cost $5 each and will generaly avoid customs as it is such a small pacakage.

Just my 2 cents though, so please don't be offended or put off at all.
Bingo! Those little wonder envelopes do exactly the same thing here in Canada.
Old 21st March 2004, 05:27 PM   #9
jormajj is offline jormajj  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
My thoughts exactly...
Old 21st March 2004, 05:41 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

The IRFP044's come in (plastic) tubes of 25
and each tube weights maybe 1/2 pound.
My guess is that you cut each tube in half,
tape the ends and get a hundred mosfets
in each of the larger global priority mail
envelopes.

Dennis

Hide this!Advertise here!