Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2004, 08:55 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Lets see how the sign up is looking before making any commitments one way or the other.....if we have only a few overseas purchases I can't see how it will hurt to send them individually.

anyway, thanks for the input guys

Kevin
Old 21st March 2004, 09:34 PM   #12
jwb is offline jwb  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jwb
For those of us ordering in multiples of 25, can you please ensure that we are each shipped the manufacturers package? We'll presumably get better matching.
Old 21st March 2004, 10:24 PM   #13
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I know for a fact that customs will not accept tubes of 25 pcs passing into europe without duty paid. I have recieved smaller packages without being charged duty, but they were all checked by the customs and included a customs declaration issued by a company, saying that it was samples.

We are as far as i could understand from the customs of Denmark's webpage, facing 25% VAT and 3% duty.

In that case it would at least even out with customs versus sending individual packs to everybody.

Besides that, its causing a little less problems to everybody that they wont have to trouble with the customs.

For my sake, those couple of units I want to order youre free to ship by USPS priority air, since 10 pcs have little risk to attract any attention, but i assure you that 2 tubes of 25 pcs does.

Magura
Old 21st March 2004, 10:43 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Magura ea,

I just recieved +100 PCB for the Aleph-x from Hifizen which had a commercial value of + $500. When you have to declare it you'll indeed have to pay the normal custom prices (17-25% it depends).

But scientific parts used for non commercial purposes are not taxed at all.
So now you only have to find a reason that you're project is part of some sort of research, I propose this:

Comparing audio signal apparture using various different parts...

Ok some say this is fraud, but since all parts are already taxed (normal VAT) in the US, why should I have to pay them also...
The non commercial purpose is of course not lied, or Mr Pass will send his army of lawyers to your house

For my part, USPS priority is fine, just ship it as a letter with a value < $49 and it's not neccesary to declare at all (I'll take the risk)

Ralph
Old 21st March 2004, 11:05 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rwagter

Ok some say this is fraud, but since all parts are already taxed (normal VAT) in the US, why should I have to pay them also...

It is fraud, and if you get caught doing what you proposed, you have a serious problem.

If anybody wants to get a criminal record, go ahead.

I though principially agree with you on the fact that its inreasonable that we have to pay VAT twice, but thats the law around here.

Magura
Old 22nd March 2004, 01:17 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Ok,

just send me the irf's, uninsured. It has no monatary value, that would be ok, woudn't it ?!
Old 22nd March 2004, 10:53 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Just make sure you dont sign anything thats not true.

.....even dutch jails dont have internet acces

Magura
Old 22nd March 2004, 12:02 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

To risk getting yourself in trouble with the authorities for a few hundred dollars is foolish IMHO.
Old 22nd March 2004, 12:05 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kilowattski
To risk getting yourself in trouble with the authorities for a few hundred dollars is foolish IMHO.

Exactly

Magura
Old 22nd March 2004, 12:54 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Ralph (and anyone else not familiar with tax laws in the US)

You may be interested to know that sales tax on some mail order items is waived if you order it out of state, if you are a commercial entity (which we are not) we have to declare a "sales use" tax on all purchased items, needless to say there shouldn't be any sales tax this end. If I'm wrong I'd like someone to put me straight so I don't end up facing the IRS....

Kevin

Hide this!Advertise here!