Great price on IRFP044 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2004, 10:16 PM   #1
bzo is offline bzo  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Great price on IRFP044

Someone mentioning here that Richardson Electronics had a great price on the IRFP044 at about $0.90 a piece. Digkey sells them for about $2 each.

I tried ordering 50 yesterday. Unfortunately, I got a call today and was told that the minimum order for this was 350 pieces because it's a special order item.

It wouldn't take very many people to pool together to reach the 350 piece order.
Old 19th March 2004, 11:22 PM   #2
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Count me in for 5 pairs

Magura
Old 19th March 2004, 11:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

As I was the one who posted the original quote I'd be in for 50 and if people wanted I'd co-ordinate a bulk purchase

Kevin
Old 19th March 2004, 11:38 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sounds good, but what would be real interesting is matched pairs. By buying so big numbers, it would be possible to get matched pairs out of all of them.....with none going to waste.

Magura
Old 20th March 2004, 12:28 AM   #5
bzo is offline bzo  United States
diyAudio Member

Kevin, I was hoping someone would step up to coordinate a group purchase! I would definately be in for 50 pcs. Btw, did you try to place an order and run into the same thing I did?

Magura, getting matched pairs would be ideal, but it sounds like a lot of work. Anyone willing to volunteer?

Incidentally, at an order quantity of 350pcs, the mosfets drop down to $0.87. Strangely, there are no further price reductions - even up to 25,000 pieces!
Old 20th March 2004, 12:37 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Guys, as along as you get these fomr the sdame batch code lot they will match up really nice. If they're selling random batch codes I wouldn't buy the.... Makes more the likelyhood of pairs that would be unmatchable. Also, matching mosfets is VERY easy!

Mark
Old 20th March 2004, 12:43 AM   #7
Coulomb is offline Coulomb  England
diyAudio Member

Has anyone thought to use the IRFP054? They have a much lower IRDS and handle a little more power.

Regards

Anthony
Old 20th March 2004, 01:08 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bzo
Magura, getting matched pairs would be ideal, but it sounds like a lot of work. Anyone willing to volunteer?

I usually make the neighbours boy do stuff like that. If you can get the mosfets here, ill sort the matching.

Magura
Old 20th March 2004, 02:15 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I didn't follow up on the "on order quote on the web page due to the fact I'm still making the chassis.

From Richardson you can get the r-theta E3093/wakefield 6274 in 18" lengths for $51!!! as far as I know they had 19 units in stock when I ordered mine.

The arrived un-anodised with a few cosmetic dings here and there but still an excellent price. A Bargain!!!!

Lastly if you need a source for transformers you can find a seller on e-bay selling 13v transformers on e-bay rated at over 50A for $25 each, these are from APC UPS's a pair of those with the secondaries in series makes good sense for 15-16v rails.

I'll get back to this thread shortly as I'm taking care of the wife after surgery and being in pain she's a little cranky so gotta go for now, speak soon.

Kevin
Old 20th March 2004, 07:19 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Great price on IRFP044

Quote:
Originally posted by bzo

It wouldn't take very many people to pool together to reach the 350 piece order.
I am interested in 50 pieces .

Hide this!Advertise here!