diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   Great price on IRFP044 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/30568-great-price-irfp044.html)

bzo 19th March 2004 09:16 PM

Great price on IRFP044

Someone mentioning here that Richardson Electronics had a great price on the IRFP044 at about $0.90 a piece. Digkey sells them for about $2 each.

I tried ordering 50 yesterday. Unfortunately, I got a call today and was told that the minimum order for this was 350 pieces because it's a special order item.

It wouldn't take very many people to pool together to reach the 350 piece order.

Magura 19th March 2004 10:22 PM

Count me in for 5 pairs

Magura:)

PrimeCase 19th March 2004 10:34 PM

As I was the one who posted the original quote I'd be in for 50 and if people wanted I'd co-ordinate a bulk purchase

Kevin

Magura 19th March 2004 10:38 PM

Sounds good, but what would be real interesting is matched pairs. By buying so big numbers, it would be possible to get matched pairs out of all of them.....with none going to waste.

bzo 19th March 2004 11:28 PM

Kevin, I was hoping someone would step up to coordinate a group purchase! :D I would definately be in for 50 pcs. Btw, did you try to place an order and run into the same thing I did?

Magura, getting matched pairs would be ideal, but it sounds like a lot of work. Anyone willing to volunteer?;)

Incidentally, at an order quantity of 350pcs, the mosfets drop down to $0.87. Strangely, there are no further price reductions - even up to 25,000 pieces!

Mark A. Gulbrandsen 19th March 2004 11:37 PM

Guys, as along as you get these fomr the sdame batch code lot they will match up really nice. If they're selling random batch codes I wouldn't buy the.... Makes more the likelyhood of pairs that would be unmatchable. Also, matching mosfets is VERY easy!

Mark

Coulomb 19th March 2004 11:43 PM

Has anyone thought to use the IRFP054? They have a much lower IRDS and handle a little more power.

Regards

Anthony

Magura 20th March 2004 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bzo
Magura, getting matched pairs would be ideal, but it sounds like a lot of work. Anyone willing to volunteer?;)

I usually make the neighbours boy do stuff like that. If you can get the mosfets here, ill sort the matching.

PrimeCase 20th March 2004 01:15 AM

I didn't follow up on the "on order quote on the web page due to the fact I'm still making the chassis.

From Richardson you can get the r-theta E3093/wakefield 6274 in 18" lengths for $51!!! as far as I know they had 19 units in stock when I ordered mine.

The arrived un-anodised with a few cosmetic dings here and there but still an excellent price. A Bargain!!!!

Lastly if you need a source for transformers you can find a seller on e-bay selling 13v transformers on e-bay rated at over 50A for $25 each, these are from APC UPS's a pair of those with the secondaries in series makes good sense for 15-16v rails.

I'll get back to this thread shortly as I'm taking care of the wife after surgery and being in pain she's a little cranky so gotta go for now, speak soon.

Kevin

stefanobilliani 20th March 2004 06:19 AM

Re: Great price on IRFP044

Quote:

Originally posted by bzo

It wouldn't take very many people to pool together to reach the 350 piece order.

I am interested in 50 pieces .

:)