speaker binding posts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was also pretty cheesed off by CMC putting "USA" in their company name so they could stamp it on parts made in China.

Nevertheless, I took a flyer on them, and they're quite nicely made. The shaft nuts are gold-plated steel; the lock-washer is copper; the post and top-nut are gold-plated brass. I didn't get the pure copper ones, so I can't speak to whether or not they're really copper.

I don't know if the generic Made in China ones are lower quality as I haven't seen them, but there's plenty of room below the CMCs for them to inhabit.

Sorry digikey and mouser takes too much shipping fees and even with free shipping fedex/ups/dhl takes stupidly much storage fees in customs in Turkey.
My friend bought 750USD item and paid 750usd to the shipping companies!They charge at least 100USD for 1-2 days if held by customs.Just a nightmare.
Regular post only charges 18-20% of item value.I can only go through paypal with regular post as i get paypal balance from my ebay store and want to spend it instead of withdrawal.

Sorry digikey and mouser takes too much shipping fees and even with free shipping fedex/ups/dhl takes stupidly much storage fees in customs in Turkey.
My friend bought 750USD item and paid 750usd to the shipping companies!They charge at least 100USD for 1-2 days if held by customs.Just a nightmare.
Regular post only charges 18-20% of item value.I can only go through paypal with regular post as i get paypal balance from my ebay store and want to spend it instead of withdrawal.

The Neutrik speakon connectors are certainly worth trying then. I'm guessing someone on ebay sells them.
With Neutrik you are guaranteed a high quality product.
With generic chinese made stuff you don't what you are really getting (eg read up on Chinese Baby Formula filled with Melamine).

Shnepp-PK043-schwarz

Schnepp-PK043-rot
s-l1600.jpg

7 euro plus pst each

Well, at least you wife is interested in your DIY stuff... :)

Hahaha.I wish she would be interested but i do not think so_Only interested in cosmetics of system.
However She sometimes listens to music and only say "it really plays good"
So we can say a bit to interested hahaha
I see here the number of Diyaudio Members: 409,365
How many of them are ladies? :)

At my power amp and speaker posts, I've got the good plated non-insulated posts:

Dayton Audio BPP-G Premium Binding Post Pair Gold

I'm looking to upgrade these to an insulated binding post that is pure copper, gold-plated and have a set-screw/crimp (vs. soldering). So far all I've found is the Furutech 807G, which is quite price Is a cheaper alternative out there?

Also, on the speaker end my speaker's binding posts are attached to a Dayton Audio aluminum plate because the MDF is too think to mount directly.

Dayton Audio SBPP-SI Binding Post Plate Silver Anodized - Binding Posts & Plates - Speaker Cabinet Accessories - Loudspeaker Components

Now that I'm thinking more, doesn't using a conductive material for the binding posts to attach to, despite not being in directly contact with the metal, seem...less than ideal? Perhaps another MDF or plastic material for the plate seem better for isolation? Or am I overthinking this lol?

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The BPP-G *seems* to have small red/black insulating washers?

Insulated binding posts *normally* are used with metal (boxes or plates). Considering how small those plastic insulators are, I would not run them over 1,000 Volts; but I would not use bare-metal posts for >1000V, and speaker levels are VERY much less.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.