The Sound of Two Transistors Clapping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You can listen to the sound of two transistors (JFET and BJT) clapping with my new amp here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/301164-mosfet-source-follower-headamp-34.html#post4973238

596327d1486024131-mosfet-source-follower-headamp-jfet-bjt-amp-stereo-photo-01.jpg

Soundclips available and recorded with this (adjustable) harmonic profile with R6 at 50ohms:

596330d1486024131-mosfet-source-follower-headamp-jfet-bjt-amp-hd-r6-50ohms-trafo-stereo.png

Here is the measured frequency response:

596332d1486024131-mosfet-source-follower-headamp-jfet-bjt-amp-fr-r6-50ohms-trafo-stereo.png

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Well the last post was in february and a lot has happened. Just stating facts: that I made it pocket sized, and it was favorably reviewed. So like I said, an update. If you read the review the reviewer actually said it was the best value beating out the sound quality of amps many times the price. If the price of a prebuilt amp bothers you - I still make available PCBs for DIYers - just PM me. The hand built amps get measured and hand-tuned, and use matched FETs. So there's actually a lot of work that goes into them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.