Power Factor Correction on Pass/FirstWatt stock/diy power amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
First time I see a consumer is charged in kVAh instead of kWh. Energy consumption is not in kVA or kW but in kVAh/kWh. Here we are still charged for "real" consumed power i.e. kWh.

Reason for charging in kWh was that the consumer has no influence in the reactive character of the devices he/she connects to mains. Only industrial users were charged when cos phi was worse than 0.7. In that case the power company forced the industrial user to improve cos phi (or let him pay more for the energy).

Last edited:
So, update to the thread. I just got my mains power meter to do some tests on one of my diy monoblocks Aleph J. <snip>

Hi nAr,
Digging up an old post. So what was the outcome after adding the capacitor in parallel to the Line & Neutral. Was the PFC upto the mark for the connected load (audio amplifier i suppose). Curious to know.

Thanks in advance for informing.

Regards,
Hari.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.