Pass SLOB Build Discussion

It's similar to the B5, but is optimized around what PAP needs specifically

with regard to range of crossover frequencies and equalization.

Delivery should be later this month.

Yes it looked similar. I could recognize your style even before reading it was coming from First Watt.

Have you had opportunity to listen to their woofers? They look to me interesting compared to what's on the market, maybe a bit pricey.

just received my slot loaded made by pro speaker cabinet maker, all 2x18mm which added another 31kg. next week holiday will be fun testing :D

Attachments

• IMG_20170621_210045_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170621_210045_HDR.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 999
I can try ;-)
I have the feeling that running both front/sloated results in muddy bass.
I actually prefer the sound when the sloated one is disconnected over running both.
But of course not enough bass output, for sure.
My guess, a PAP clone will give better results.
Will try asap.

I have a feeling that the wings might cause it, which might create a sense of 'boxy' sound - who i am to judge it - :D

well I dont use any wings, i will also try slot loaded only and a combination of slot loaded + plain baffle.

right now with plain baffle, my favorite setup is to put the lowest xo around 30's Hz and increase the volume. I love the feeling on my feet when I can feel the floor is shaking :D

I can try ;-)
I have the feeling that running both front/sloated results in muddy bass.
I actually prefer the sound when the sloated one is disconnected over running both.
But of course not enough bass output, for sure.
My guess, a PAP clone will give better results.
Will try asap.

I remember having read somewhere that Nelson's active crossover for the slot loaded had both drivees in phase. On my side I run in Basta a simulation of a PAP open baffle and find that inverting the phase of the woofer is necessary. So is there any chance that you have to invert the phase of one of the two woofers when using them together?

Reactions: 1 user
I have tested the slot loaded on 1 side, another on plain OB. I'm just surprised that with slot the bass is gone, whether my calculation is wrong or the driver maybe does not match slot design. it seems that I'm not in this league. now I'll stay with plain OB, the heavy slot can be used as stabilizer.