Threshold Stasis-3 - Class A or not

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
answer is in related brochures

however , Papa can tell you how much it can be biased and what amount of A class you can expect then

OK , that last part anyone can calculate .......

from files enclosed , I can calculate that Iq for Stasis 3 is 3x(75mV/0R68) =around 330mA

so say that we can expect twice that while all output critters are conducting (condition for A class) so 660mA

from P=I^2 x R , for 8R load , that would be 3W5 of pure class A , while rest is AB

entire calculus - counting on fact that current envelope is determining A class region , while voltage aenvelope (rails) are more than sufficient , being determined for AB class amp

conclusion - crank it , to 50C at heatsink , measure what you have across emiter resistors , then calculate what you have ......

Attachments

• thresholdadjust.pdf
    199.1 KB · Views: 164
  • stasis2-3schem.jpg
    stasis2-3schem.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 544
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hello Mr Pass my technician have a big problem on a stasis 3, after a channel blown, it has constant 20vdc (hp out)on the left channel. form 100v ac input to 220v ac, and from 0v ac to ~100v ac is constantly growing to 20vdc.

can you guide me? ty

if you're sure that your technician is having schematic of amp , then you have just one choice - find another technician

hopefully better

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.