What book for MOSFET ckt analysis???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My $50K EE degree from a major ABET accredited University netted me the following information about MOSFETs:

1) They exist.

2) High gate impedance.

3) Static sensitive (80's static sensitive).

4) You can get a BSEE from a major ABET accredited University without knowledge of MOSFETs, so long as you have $50,000.

I'm looking for a book or books to supplement the above knowledge. Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Bryan A. Thompson
batee@roadslessphotographed.com

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
"The Art of Electronics" is a popular pick around here.

I think the Boylestad college texts aren't bad either and you can probably find them used at your book store. Look for "Electron Control Devices" or something like that.

Another book I like on electronics in general is "Electronics For Inventors"

I'm sure there are some very advanced books for brainiacs on Amazon too, if you're looking for the really heavy stuff.

Good luck

Mike

We used Microelectronic Circuits by Sedra and Smith (HRW Saunders) supplemented by Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits by Gray and Meyer (Wiley and Sons).

The latter gets into some of the fabrication details in chapter 2. The former talks about the operation of all kinds of FETs (even MESFETs) in Chapter 5.

I still refer to both from time to time.

The Art of Electronics as mentioned -- here are some others -- RF Design for the Radio Amateur (which has supplanted "Solid State Design for the Radio Amateur")

International Rectifier, On Semi have some good basic application notes on their sites -- so does National Semi but they don't immediately come to the top of the heap when one thinks of FETs. One good apnote at IRF which helps is "Testing MOSFETs".

eLarson said:
We used Microelectronic Circuits by Sedra and Smith (HRW Saunders)...

The latter gets into some of the fabrication details in chapter 2. The former talks about the operation of all kinds of FETs (even MESFETs) in Chapter 5.

Thanks for the tip. And regarding chapter 5, here is all 157 pages (courtesy Oxford University Press): http://www.sedrasmith.org/pdf/0195142519_ch05.pdf

JF

Just so folks know, my "The Art of Electronics" book (reprinted 1993) has just 69 pages on FETs:

12 pages of intro info on FETs
4 pages of JFET current sources
3 pages of JFET amplifiers
3 pages of JFET source followers
4 pages of FET gate current
3 pages of JFETs at variable resistors and auto gain controls
13 pages of analog switches
16 pages of MOSFET logic and power switches
1 page of MOSFET handling precautions
10 pages of FET amplifier noise calculation and shielding - this appears to me to be the most useful portion of the book.

Bryan A. Thompson
batee@roadslessphotographed.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.