SEAS A26 speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any opinions on the Seas A26 (modern clone of a Dynaco A25) paired with FW amps? I'm intrigued by the simplicity and vintage roots, but have to admit I've never heard the original. Itching to build new speakers to enjoy my new amps...

BK

Attachments

• a26%20kit%20pair-3.jpg
    a26%20kit%20pair-3.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,892
I use the A26 drivers and crossover in a much larger bass reflex cabinet (>100L, tuned to <30Hz from memory) paired with an Aleph J. The cabinets are made from cheap Ikea bookcase sides, top and bottom with heavy ply front and back panel. I installed heavy steel mesh grills to protect them from my sprogs, and intend to build 'proper' cabinets without grills once my kids can be trusted.

The speakers work great th the Aleph J. The speakers and amp have a nice balance of clarity and openness with dynamics and bass weight. Natural pairing as far as I can tell.

That TL from planet10 looks really nice - a seed has been planted ;)

I made a pair of A26s as my first attempt at speaker building... just followed the Seas design. I can only compare to a couple of near field Genelecs that i've had for a few years but I'm very happy with the results. I'm now half way through building an L26ROY sub... not sure they need it for music but I'm using them for HT as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 1,784
Morel UW1058

simonra if you like use the not cheap (Neodym) Morel UW in a seeled 48-50liter volume- very stable cabinet. In same volume it will work too as a vented cabinet and plays a bit deeper. The main reason for me to use closed is that it has less complication with room frequency modulation and a bit juicy punch. As Active Modul i use a IMG Stage Line D300 to drive that little Monster. You can also test the Morel ore other bigger Speakers 15" 18"- Eminence without a cabinet- the bass is room coupled and can play a bit lower its own resonance, only my own tests and some experiments.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.