any suggestion is welcome!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everybody!
I'm facing a situation in which I'm not able to make the choice:
It's better to biamp with a couple of aleph 30 clones, or It's better to go the X way? ( 150W version).
The preamp is going to be an aleph P 1.7 (electronics almost completed, just the box in on the way ) ant the speakers are both monitor audio studio 20 and pro ac 2.5 clones.
Any help is welcome!

Bye

Paolo

Not to complicate your life, but you could use an X for the bass and an Aleph for the mid/hi frequencies.
When all is said and done, the X topology sounds more--for want of a better term--solid state. The Aleph will sound more like tubes.
Depends on your preferences.

Grey

I am running ProAc 2.5 clones, Bi-wired with Aleph 2. I am one satisfied audioholic. There are problems using different amps for the top and bottom, differing sensitivities of the amps. Aleph 3's may not provide enough power depending on your room size and musical taste. I suggest building Aleph 5's and bi-wire.

Thanks for these suggestions.
There is one more thing to say : with my components availability i can afford just the 2 alephs or the one X amp.
Furthermore, If I'm going to make a biamping system, it ill be easier in the future to give a try to multichannel formats.
Pwer is not a big isue in my opinion, because now I'm using a copand 504 (30W) in biwiring and seems that it'not suffering so much, also when using pro ac that seems that are really thirsty in terms of current.
My choice is addressing towards the 2 alephs 30, cause as per previous experiences, biamping gives a superior level of "agility" to the sound, and a better bass control, also when dealing with not so huge power amps.
If anybody gives me some suggestions more, it will be appreciated in any case. Before starting the construction I think that one more month will pass away......
Ciao e grazie

Paolo

GRollins said:

When all is said and done, the X topology sounds more--for want of a better term--solid state.

Sounds a bit reductive , anyway ; It all depends from your speakers , yes , but the X topology offers you a complete description of what your speakers are able to do. It has nothing to do with 99% of the source followers push-pull designs still in the market . Even some balanced designs in the market have nothing to compare with X designs .
I can say certainly that I like the X amps for the effortless sensations in dinamics passages and moving masses ,reproducing all kinds of music in a superb sensation of musical articulation and non annoing
timbre precision .Offered with gentle and sweet touch, but also with indisturbed dinamic shots.

I absolutely can not say that of certain solid state amps push-pull followers that instead plays flat , lifeless , and medieval (in the worst sense of the term).

Hi Stefano.
You have experience in aleph and x world.
And from your viewpoint it sounds like X topology is winning hands down on anything else.
Therefore I need to hear your amps to take the right decision ;) .
Why don't you come to Padova one of the next weekends?:D :D :D :D :D

Ciao

Paolo

PS I'll try to call you over the phone also for another question related to ONO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.