New Zen V4 released

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass Labs PCB and recommended electronic parts.
DH Labs and Cardas wires
Cardas RCA and binding post
Cardas euthetic solder

Still missing: front blue led, front on/off switch and logo. I am planning to make a front plate like the X series soon.

See my web site for other pictures...

Attachments

• zenv4_front_highres.jpg
    zenv4_front_highres.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 874
Thank you very much!

The amplifier is 12'' x 9'' x 20'' and there is one transistor per heatsink section. The biggest Zen V4?

The bias is set for 4 ohms and the amplifier is running quite hot but we can touch it for a few seconds :)

The sound is very impressive, a lot of details. I am rediscovering many CD :) I don't regret to put so much money and hours in it.

As for the blue led, I have a few ideas that nobody did until now... ;)

I am now ready for the preamp...according to the other people, I guess I will build the BZLS and use it non-balanced.

Hi.

Congratulations for your fine job. This also includes your last Clarro version.

My question is about circuits that delay amp to speaker connection to avoid audible "boom" when turning on and other called softstart circuits. Do you use that in your V4?

Rgards, JC

Zen V4 soft start

If you raise the value of C9 to approximately 1000 uF, bump to the start becomes inudibile. Moreover if you anodize the heatsink of black, the hands you can hold them on also for a couple of hours. In any case, you have made a good job. Ciao.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.