pass aleph P VS pass X2 first version

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pre pass X2 first version (single ended version) the pre is connected in single ended in biampling to two aleph3.
The loudspeakers are monitor audio studio 20 CEL. 89 db eff. with the module of impedance is alwais over 6 ohm (20-20000).
But now probably I have the possibilities of an aleph P (I don' t know if first or second version) and so I don't know if with the aleph p the sound would be better.

Thank you for all.
Sandro

Hallo Sandro , and welcome on board.

I believe Aleph P 1.7 is a more modest version of the Passlabs Super-Simmetry (tm) circuit that is also inside of the X2 ( and I woluld like to see the X2 in my room ...) . But your post is confusing me: do you mean single ended by the fact that you connected it SE to the Aleph 3 ? Or an X2 is not an X?

Have you tried the balanced connections from the X2 to the Aleph 3 ?

pass x2 VS aleph p

Sorry for my english that is non very good.
I said that my pass X2 is the first version and so it isn't the circuit super simmetry but is a single ended class A (like aleph P)
I don't know how is pass aleph p is better of my version of the pass X2 first version.
Thank You Sandro

I'm not sure that R48 and R63 (221K) in Aleph P1.7 could do a job for Su-Sy operation or they are simply feedback resistors?

Any idea?

Attachments

• alephp17.jpg
    alephp17.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 838
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.