50w Single-Ended BAF2015 Schade Enabled

Ahhh the memories… My first road bike was a CB550F the little inline 4s were so cool. Such a fine machine, I still love most everything Honda based on that experience. The last was a H2 Kawasaki not as reliable or well behaved but the feeling that you were just on the edge of smashing yourself to bits was irresistible. I see all of the dandies riding around on their brandy new traction control super bikes and think man… you kids don’t even get it.

An Inquiry into Values – Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance | Zen Mod Blog

16.jpg

1968 Honda CB250. The black triangle on the side of the gas tank is a bit unique.

The 150 had a black square on the side of the gas tank. The 350 black triangle had a rounded hypotenuse.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Interesting. The 250 and 305 look very much alike. It appears that the 305 cylinders lean forward at and angle while the 250 cylinders are upright.

My motorcycle is a 2003 Yamaha FJR1300. 145 horsepower. It can do the 1/4 mile in less than 10 seconds.

A few weekends ago, I attended a maintenance event where we disassembled the bikes enough for a valve clearance check. Rotating the rear wheel to advance the valve train is quite an experience.

Hi, I have been following this thread for a couple weeks and are very interesting in building this amp. I have a question for the experts please. I have a pair of transformers with 49v secondary and some 35000uf/75v caps I would like to use. Theoretically it should yield 69v DC (49x1.4 cap input). With a safety margin of only 6v, is it safe enough to use these caps?

Hi, I have been following this thread for a couple weeks and are very interesting in building this amp. I have a question for the experts please. I have a pair of transformers with 49v secondary and some 35000uf/75v caps I would like to use. Theoretically it should yield 69v DC (49x1.4 cap input).
With a safety margin of only 6v, is it safe enough to use these caps?

Look at this post #388 :

50w Single-Ended BAF2015 Schade Enabled

Hi Botte

After the builds of Aleph J, M2, Schade 50W, Big MoFo and Vfet L'Amp with choke load is not easy to compare to each other beacause they do not work in the same conditions , match better with one or another tube preamp or solid state or buffered passive preamp with autoformer volume control ( M2) for example.
MoFo , Schade 50W and L'Amp have point-to-point wiring so easy to try swapping different capacitors ( Elna, Nichicon,Vima , styroflex , oil and much more....)
and resistotors ( from the old school carbon composition , metal films, wire wounds and metal bulk foils etc.) and various jfet's buffers, gain stages and the power stage semiconductors bias points as well.
Experimentations efforts was dedicated to the music.
Try reproducted with little of colorations on recorded music with acoustic instruments :
concert piano, strings, winds or singers voices.
All amplifiers are highly equaly interesting all have his strengs with patiently chosen audio source ,
preamp ( desirable impedance ) , amp and finaly the speakers
( my is 12" alnico wide ranges or compresion with horns , from time to time I do use Onken style sub ).
Conclusion: Me no more focus only on the power amp but see him like interactive element of complete audio system.
Flea watts sing wonderful with efficient compression drivers & horns.
My Diy Schade 50Watt's with 3H and 2Harmonics negative phase switch give possibility to try different sound signatures
" on the fly " and can play good audio with less demanding speakers.
If Your audio card have balanced outputs , 98 dB speakers go for nice single-ended Aleph Jedi:D
Have fun is Class A audio game !

Attachments

• 9CCDB6E6-685A-42B4-BC29-3D6DDAA3B988.JPG
    9CCDB6E6-685A-42B4-BC29-3D6DDAA3B988.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 734
Got one channel wired up and having big oscillation/motor boating. It outputs 20+v AC. I am running out of idea what is causing the issue. Any suggestion/advice is greatly appreciated.

B+ 60v
Bias at 4.7v
Current is running at 2.95A
Mid-point 22v measured at the output before the cap
CCS mosfet running crazily hot
Input is shorted