Upgrading my Pass Aleph-X changed the character of the amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
search for "mosfet mist" here on DIYA , explanation by Papa

however , it's related strictly to P polarity , 9240 ........ so whatever brand of mosfets you buy - that's it

as far I remember - member h_a was having matched mosfets

edit: as far as I'm concerned , you'll definitely sleep better , knowing that you have WE wire in amp

and nothing else will be better

:devily:

I would recommend buying some equipment and matching your own. I started 15 years ago and just wanted my parts. About a dozen amps later, things would have been better for me from the beginning if I had just purchased some equipment when I first started. A decent power supply and a relatively good meter can be had for about $150. Then, just buy 30-40 mosfets to match your own and sell the rest.

For matching, follow my example.

I had to do one test before I do anything in my amplifiers. Is that to compare to another Aleph-X amp. I did so yesterday. And now I’m 100% sure that wat I heard on this second amplifier was wat I had 2-yers ago with my amplifiers. This heard not only me but 3 more persons. They all missed the midrange bloom. An they said that my amplifier is sounding very clinical in comparison.
So I have called my friend that was doing the modification on my amplifiers to check the schematics, measurements again. So hi will do so.
I hoop he will find anything so my beloved amplifiers will be sing again.

Thanks Zen Mod. I hope you are not saying this in sarcastic way;-)

First of all a tip from a another Aleph-X user and builder is to leave the ground wire of the PCB like he does.
6a96e3a7a2c30b84e3df1f7e53af8863.jpg

I will do so by the end of the week.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.