Using transformer gain like first watt M2? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2016, 04:31 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Using transformer gain like first watt M2?

I was wondering whether the first watt m2's use of the transformer as gain is panted, and whether I can use that idea in a school project of mine. I am designing an amplifier and I have always been very interested in avoiding negative feedback, but it seemed damn near impossible or at least very hard to implement, until I saw the m2's design. I think it's an ingenious solution to the problem and would love to incorporate into my project. But at the same time I wouldn't want to use a piece of IP that isn't mine, but I couldn't find any info on whether it was patent or anything of that sort. So does anyone know if I would be able to use this idea?
Old 13th March 2016, 06:47 PM   #2
The one and only

I don't believe it is patented, and you can use it all you like as far as I know.

Hide this!Advertise here!