The V-Fetron Comes To Life

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I'm intrigued by Michael's latest design. My first thought when I saw the schematic was if it would be as easy to make it a balanced input as it was with the IronAmp.

vfetron_zpskwgnmern.jpg

Regards,
Dan :)

Eureka!

This looks like an interesting use of a couple of the 2sj28 that I bought last fall. I bought 6 after the pairs sold out and just ordered 4 more since the sj28s are almost all gone!

I just need someone to fill in the values to the simplified schematic 'cause I ain't no math whiz. :confused:

This looks like an interesting use of a couple of the 2sj28 that I bought last fall. I bought 6 after the pairs sold out and just ordered 4 more since the sj28s are almost all gone!

I just need someone to fill in the values to the simplified schematic 'cause I ain't no math whiz. :confused:

Nelson has promised one of his circuits using this transistors. I picked up some too with anticipation of his one day finding time to design an amp using these transistors. If you reverse the voltages you can use it in one of Michael's designs using transformers.

Joined 2002
Paid Member

No worries, I'm sure we'll have a more detailed schematic once all the testing is done. BTW I built the IronAmp that Michael designed and it was so good it just worsened my addiction to amp building. ;)

Regards,
Dan

Joined 2010
Paid Member
reg'd psu's

So I'm slowly jimmying up some pcb's here. Anyone got a great suggestion for the bulk power supplys? reg'd? and if so, how? Thoughts currently are a basic reg (ala cx1 vfet pass psu) but open to suggestion!

Attachments

• vfetron-791x1024.png
    vfetron-791x1024.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 1,163
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.