Aleph 3 Toroid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mark
Transformer. The Brand Toroid (Swedish) has in their standard range 500VA from 9+9 V and uppwards i 3V steps. They are
made for 230V primary but they also have a plant in Brazil who may be manufacturing for US standard. We use a custommade
300VA from the Brazil plant in a stepmotor drive system and they seem to be of good quality except for solderability on secodary leads.
If You want the real thing i´ve got 500 and 1000VA E-cores
in 15+15 and 35+35V.

I'm not sure what was in the original 3, could ahve been Plitron I suppose, or Avel. Yes, Plitron does have an 18+18 or 20+20 500 VA toroid but I've got to wonder how many months I'd have to wait for it....... The smallest Avel has is 25+25 volts in a 500VA. Was just curious if anyone has an off the shelf toroid available in the lower voltages. I would prefer to stick with a toroid if possible.

Mark

I feel compelled to answer that I just finished an Aleph 3 (two weeks ago) and I used two 250VA 18V-0-18V toroids available from partsexpress.com to very good results. I've done the plitron thing and frankly hate waiting. As I was building this amp for a school project it was much better for me to get the tformers in the two days it takes partsexpress to deliver!!

I'm very pleased with the flexibility of the Avels as well as the build quality so I can confidently recommend dual mono setup.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.