X-bosoz vs. CCS X-bosoz, how does the sound compare?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone compared the sound of x-bosoz and ccs x-bosoz? I would like to get some feedbacks from all you experienced builders before I start my project.

Also where can I find the latest schematics on the either preamp? I searched the thread but got information overload as there are too many revisions. Can someone kindly guide me to the right thread or pages?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

Playing with SYMetrix

Dou you think it could work like this, or do I need 2 current sources...

Speaking of a CCS X-BOSOZ

Regards.
Alain.

Attachments

• ccs x_bosoz2.jpg
    ccs x_bosoz2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,525
Alain, I'll try to answear your question.

By reading the ZEN V6 article this evening, I think I finally understood how susy works (at least in the sox and aleph-x configuration. I still don't understant the one in the patend :()

To explain it briefly (for a better explanation, read the zen v6 article), when one of the 2 polatities has a non linearity, in example a peak, it draws more current from the current source (CCS or resistor). The other polarity is connected to the same current source, so it recive less current (since the drawn current is constant) and this way, also shows a peak on it's output.

The 2 peaks are in phase on the balanced load-> they cancel out.

In conclusion, I would say that both polarities MUST share the same current source

Am I right, Nelson? ;)

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Henrik said:
This CCS just works fine in my CD player.

I would add some output resistance to this circuit, as I have
occasionally seen some parasitic oscillations with odd loading
on this and similar circuits. I usually use about 221 ohms (I
have a lot of them).

Also, be prepared to trim the values of R113 and R114 depending
on the match quality.

:cool:

Nelson, Bricolo and Henrick,

Thanks for your advises....

Henrick, I would like to keep a MosFet as CCS, because I have lots of IRF 610...

Have to see Nelson's patent, didn't get time, and on my Macintosh pictures
refuse to load, ahhhh these computers.... better use a Class A, always better results...

Nelson, thanks for the output resistance to be added.

I will make a try this week end, the last components order for my X-BOSOZ
will arrive tomorrow, **** of UPS, they stiked their second poster!

>> trim the values of R113 and R114 depending on the match quality
I will try to match under 0.02 volts for the final pair of 510/610
I think that it won't be a problem.

Thanks to all of you.
I keep looking for new idea's

Alain.

I am still looking for a way to trim absolute dc offset in the x or simple bosoz.This can be quite high when the inter-source resistor is removed.Nelson mentioned trimming r113 /114 but didn't mention what effect this is meant to achieve.Is this important for the simple bosoz as well?

Nelson Pass said:
I would add some output resistance to this circuit, as I have
occasionally seen some parasitic oscillations with odd loading
on this and similar circuits. I usually use about 221 ohms (I
have a lot of them).
In my CDP I have some outputresistors at 220 Ohm. I don't have them in my X-BSOZ because it has to drive my version of the X-SOZ which have a verry low inputimpedance, they would take too much gain out. But When driving any thing else they should be in.

Nelson Pass said:
Also, be prepared to trim the values of R113 and R114 depending on the match quality.
Nelson, I think you have overlooked the fact, that I have placed a DC-blocking capacitor in the feedbackloop. As I see it, you woun't get any biasadjustment trimming R113 and R114 in my circiut. I must admit, that I didn't see this possibility when I decided where to put the cap, at the input or in the feedback. I have just read your SOX paper, an I can se you have chosen to put the cap at the input so you can make the biasadjustment, clever solution indeed. I wish I have done that, I have had a hard time to make the match. Your description of the SOX and the circiut is as useually verry educational stuf - :smash:
Thanks a lot.

Protos
I can't see that you shoud be able to trim the offset in the original bsoz (BZLS) by altering the resistors to ground.

Regards

Hi to all,

The first channel of my CCS-X-BOSOZ is playing Rackmaninoff,
it's pure honney....

Power supply 57 volts from the A75 spare supply {used a 12 volts zener}
and 12 volts for the CCS {LM317}
Cheap transfo's from Active they are 2*28volts Hammond 56 VA
and 2*12volts 12 VA Hammond too.
After a few modifs on the CCS it's running, Nothing more to say
the pot is cheap 10K from Radio Shack, to be replaced by Electroswitch
I have ordered the resistors for 2 Stereo 10K switch Ladder type
{Thanks Nelson} {Modified 2 with 4 sets of contacts}

What a zen result...:cool:

I start building the final two channel CCS-X-BOSOZ,

Thanks Nelson and all the group for a so beautifull design!:bawling:

Have a good night.

Alain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.