Pass Aleph 2 with IRFP 140.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When Zen Mod said to send all of your spare parts to him when you're finished it is because he considers them to be very fine devices.

As separate comment I would consider increasing current through irf610 constant current source.
If you don't have them I could sell you some 2sk2013/2sj313 for input ltp assuming that might interest you.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Getting back onto the Irfp140 discussion, i would be very appreciative of comments regarding performance, both electrically and sonically.
Thanks

they're perfectly fine , in praxis same as IRFP240 , except slightly darker sound if you put them without any change

and yes - you can use 2SJ313 instead of IRF9610 (Pico , don't be picopico :rofl: ) in input LTP ........ it'll sound better

CCS IRF9610 leave as is (don't change type and there is no need for more current)

and yes - you can use 2SJ313 instead of IRF9610 (Pico , don't be picopico :rofl: ) in input LTP ........ it'll sound better

CCS IRF9610 leave as is (don't change type and there is no need for more current)
Yeah that was major brain fart haha. 2sj313 ltp (forget 2sk2013)
In Papa latest update he suggested increasing current through ltp for more linear operation, as you say not necessary but maybe worth trying.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK , I agree for current increase through input LTP (I had Aleph with 50mA through 2SJ79 LTP in previous life);

but , that also means that you must explain what's next - decrease drain resistor (in this case 390R) in same amount

easypeasy :

decrease resistor in LTP CCS to 50% (twice current)

decrease resistor in LTP drain to 50% (same voltage across , so same voltage for output mosfet to open it)

put heatsink on LTP CCS mosfet

put common heatsink on LTP mosfets , better TempCo correlation , so better DC offset behavior

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yup

ZM is always very nice

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 146
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.