A40 Rail Voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One Up And Cooking

Its been a while but, I have one channel up and cooking. I have had to turn the bias down as the heat sink gets up to 140F pretty quickly. Based on the original article where "The One And Only" speced .68 ohm emitter resistors and a reading of approx 1 volt between R16-18 some basic math says that each device has about .75 amperes of current flowing through it. I used .47 ohm and once I get more than about 250mv across each emitter resistor the heat sink temps soar.

Attachments

• a40.jpg
    a40.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 326
Hot Coffee ....

It has taken a few years to figure out how to keep my coffee hot while working on various projects in the basement. A freiend accross the street helped out with the heatsink configuration. He has access to a computer controlled milling system. He removed one of the fins and that let us drill holes to mount the devices. Now i just have to finish the other side.

Attachments

• a401.jpg
    a401.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 283
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.