Aleph-X builder's thread.

Hi Eric
Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciated.
I reckon its safer to run the amps with the prescribed 22V rails. On reflection, my speakers are a nominal 4 ohms, so definitely better to go for higher current.

PS: do you see any issue with using the IRF 140 Fets, instead of the 240 as is commonly used?

Kind Regards
George.

Hello. I collected my Aleph X own and ran into a problem. Periodically, I have a slight crackling and rustling in the speakers. And it can appear at any time and just disappear. Or in the left channel, or in the right channel. Sometimes not strong, sometimes stronger. It does not depend on the temperature regime. May be immediately after switching on and can be after warm-up. And this sound is not like a rumble from an earth loop or overexcitation. More like a bad contact somewhere. I disassembled the amplifier, did not detect anything visually, the suspicious places on the boards were lost again, but the problem did not dare. What could it be? Thank you in advance for your help!

Good one - i think this;

Attachments

• 549F31BF-63D7-4EC1-BE25-93AF48EB893D.jpeg
    549F31BF-63D7-4EC1-BE25-93AF48EB893D.jpeg
    488.7 KB · Views: 493
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
open your own thread , take care to shoot questions in order by importance

what power you need .... what's primary - 4R or 8R load , how big you intend to go with heatsinks etc.

for few important details , look here : Babelfish XJ , or JX …….. or whatever | Zen Mod Blog

you'll see how planning is important , and hopefully realize how erring on big side can be costly ...... or too costly

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
4 is for sissies :rofl:

either make it good , or do not make it at all

no less than 2 mosfets per quadrant , so 8 per channel

only in case that you use IRFP150 , practically 2pcs of IRFP240 in one case , you can go with 1 per quadrant

for 4R speakers , choose rails up to 18Vdc , no higher

lower than that , problems with varying mosfet's capacitances