Aleph-X builder's thread.

MCM Electronics carries air core inductors that i've used before. I just checked and they have 1.00 mH and 1.50 mH in stock. The part i used
was the 2.00 mH that Mr. Pass recommended in the SOZ article. Some people complain that they look cheap, but they've worked fine in my ZEN, Aleph 2, and Aleph-X amps.

MCM Electronics

just do a search for air core inductor.

Hi,

are you shure it is less expensive? You´ll need a bigger transformer, bigger heatsinks and you will draw more current (so your electricity bill will be higher). The temperature inside your case will also be higher.

The Torobars cost around 13€ a piece depending on source and will give a better result.

William

Hi Emeric

I used 2 10W ceramic 0.22 Ohm resistors parallel and connected on the elco.
They heat up the elco to much so I changed the layout and now use a Coil.

Rob

Attachments

• power suplly bottom.jpg
    power suplly bottom.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 563
Hi,

the 2.2mH would be enough. You could probably even go for the 3.3mH but I don´t think this is necessary.
You can have a look with PSUdesigner to see what the difference would be.

I´m not shure if they are easy to buy in France. Just try. If it doesn´t work I could order them and sent them to you but this would cost twice the postal fees......

Be shure to use the right values for the impedance of the caps and transformer. If you want I could sent you the file from my Aleph-X psu.

William

yes,

that´s the one. I just had a look myself but this is the only coil they spec the saturation current (11,7A) for (in the german pdf).

I know I looked quite a long time before I bought them.

William

just found the value for the HQ58 in their catalogue: 6.98A

This could be enough although I don´t think they specify for DC current.

HI
I would like to ask for help from those who also used the Kristijan type pc boards for the Aleph X .
I'm in the proces to put these the amp together , I already have the transformer , I put together the heatsinks , I populated the pc boards . Just I have to mount the transistors , mosfets and ready to fire it up .
I would like to know wich transistors , mosfets must be matched using the Kristijan boards , and how close to match .
Thanks
Regards

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
gaborbela said:
HI
I would like to ask for help from those who also used the Kristijan type pc boards for the Aleph X .
I'm in the proces to put these the amp together , I already have the transformer , I put together the heatsinks , I populated the pc boards . Just I have to mount the transistors , mosfets and ready to fire it up .
I would like to know wich transistors , mosfets must be matched using the Kristijan boards , and how close to match .
Thanks
Regards

why don't you ask Kristijan?