Aleph-X builder's thread.

Nixie said:
Since the IRFP240 flanges are coinnected to the drains, can I mount all on one side and half to copper bus bars without insulation, and put the insulation between the copper bus bars and heatsink?

NO don't do that.. You should buy some ceramic isolation pads. Do you want a pic of what they look like ?

Jase

That still doesn't answer my question, what exactly is wrong what I suggested? If I have 12 devices per channel, the drains of the four 3x pairs are all connected together in the schematic. So why do you think they flanges should not make contact with each other through a piece of copper bus bar (that's itself insulated from the heatsink)?

Getting started...transformers and boards

I have two 1000VA 35v secondary Plitron transformers at home that I bought about five years ago. I took them out recently and decided that I would like to build a power amplifier with them. I searched the forums and have done quite a bit of reading over the last four weeks on the SKA, Aleph-X, and various ChipAmps. I haven't found anyone using the transformers that I have with the Aleph X but would like some guidance as to how appropriate they are for the job as well as a possible source for boards to ease construction. if they are not going to work, perhaps a suggestion as to what project to build as it seems a waste to not use my big beautiful heavy chunks of copper for something.

Thanks!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: resistors

tenderland said:
Hello , Pardon me for this rudementary question. I am in the process of digesting Grey Rollins original 15v Aleph x schematic and was wondering about some of the resistor values... 392 ohm,221 ohm, 68.1k ohm. How do you obtain these uncomon values?

J

uncommon?
nope- common values in 1% metal film - E48 (is it ?) nomenclature