Aleph-X builder's thread.

I have 16 (per channel.) Sounds like four would be the way to go. I might be able to parallel two on top and two on bottom of the board. Any comments on the source resistance? I also noticed the input (AC) coupling is different compared to my schematic. Is that a requirement based on a JFET vs MOSFET front end?

Hi,

the limiting factor is the current they can deliver. With only 10mA total bias this is only half the current the standard 9610´s can deliver.
This will cause bandwith limiting.

There are a few more reasons why two pairs is better. You can find them in the thread I posted somewhere above.

William

Does anyone have alpeh-X boards for sale ?

I have bought a guys big monoblock DIY Alpeh X amps, but his pcb is a little confusing, it goes not use the component numbers on the original schematic and the track width is somewhat narrow. it's easier for me to do debugging when i can easily correlate the components on the pcb with the schematic.

Does anyone have alpeh-X boards for sale ?

I have bought a guys big monoblock DIY Alpeh X amps, but his pcb is a little confusing, it goes not use the component numbers on the original schematic and the track width is somewhat narrow. it's easier for me to do debugging when i can easily correlate the components on the pcb with the schematic.

Hi,

you´ve got mail.

William

input caps

Hi guys,

I've read several threads mentioning the input caps when using rca. However, I am a bit lost as to why the short between -in and shd/gnd should be made before the caps. This bypassess the cap on the shd/gnd. Is this because if possible gnd currents injecting back into -in?

Cheers