200V 50A Fast Recovery POWER Rectifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you put some snubber caps accross the diodes this will help reduce any HF junk that is created by the switching.

You could have a look at this thread here (can I possibly plug this any more?:angel: ) if you are intrested in using these diodes for a power supply (They are very close to the BYW99W-200's that are now used in the PASS equipment I believe).

kilowattski said:
I believe one of their suggested applications is power supplies.

Guy, SMPS are also power supplies and for those, I guess ultra fast recovery types are needed but for low tech Linear Amplifier PSU's (Toroid-Diode-Cap combo) I have read that the ultra fast types are a bad idea and that "Soft recovery" types are in order.

So if I understand you, these are good for Power amp applications as well?? And bigparsnip says that using snubbing caps will make them as good as any other .... correct? :apathic:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.