High Curent Ultra Fast Bridge Rectifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just thought that I would post something about this in here in case people have missed it over in the trading post section, but it looks like I will be putting in an order for some PCB's to build a high curent ultra fast bridge based around the BYW99W-200 diodes that are now used in the PASS equipment. For now, it looks like the boards will be costing about £4.00 each and you can see the layout below. If anyone is intrested in getting their hands on some of these for their Aleph-x's, or any other projects, if you just stick a post in the other thread saying how many you like I should hopefully be getting round to putting an order in soon.

Rectifier Thread

Attachments

• rectifier-rev4-2.gif
    rectifier-rev4-2.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,449
Just to bump this up again, and to let people know that teh board has been changed quite a bit now so that it is a lot more flexible in terms of the components you can use on it.

I have changed it so that there are now mounting points for capacitors from 5mm - 10mm lead spacing, as well as an option of using TO-220 type diodes such as the MUR1520 and MUR860's.

You can see the (hopefully) final layout on the page below.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=327727#post327727

Hi, it realy depends on how you build your power supply, but I guess most people here would be using one transformer per channel, so in that case you would need one rectifier per transformer, and hence one per channel.

As far as the aleph 2 goes, i'm pretty sure it should be fine for that, as long as you make sure the diodes you select to put in the board are up to the task.

Andrew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.