DIY FirstWatt F4 and McIntosh C48?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have decided to ask some good people for help to finish this project as I do not have enough time to do it on my own. There is always some obligation or other, s perhaps finally you will be able to see some progress in January 2019. Oh, and I changed preamp to a Herron VTSP2 which play music with an EAR 516 into Quad ESL 57s (which may end up as a stack of 2x2 when I find an extra pair).:D

Last edited:
So, I finally got in touch with a fellow Dane, Per, who will take a look at my build to determine if he is willing finish it for me. Hopefully, I haven't zinged the FETS with static, and hopefully, the built amp and psu boards all work as intended once they have been inspected and resoldered/renewed as required. :eek:

When the unit is done, it will be very interesting to compare it to my EAR 516 valve stereo power amp into my Quad ESL 57s. I will keep the one that sounds the best.

Ok. I have just taken the lot to a professional tech in nearby Viborg in Denmark. He will assess and finish my build for a price. I hope to have it back within a month or so. Then it will have to compete with my EAR 516 power amp.

On another note, I just bought a completed Pass Xono clone (mm only) which will be delivered next week from an experienced techie in Germany.That ought to be interesting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.