BA-3 Preamp Fairchild/Toshiba 500 ohm 1K ohm pot question:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
As we have seen, those using the Fairchild mosfets on the BA-3 FE board has required using 1K pots in the place of the 500 ohm pots used with the Toshiba mosfets.

I just got ready to solder in my 500 ohm pots, (P1 and P2) and noticed I had inadvertantly got the pots with the adjustment screw on the wrong side. I could make them work, but it would be a pain to adjust, so I will just order up some ones with the adjustment on the top.

However, (and my question) I do have a number of 1K pots that would work, but will these work with the Toshiba pots? Does the 1K pot just give more range needed for the Fairchild mosfets, or would it be a problem with my Toshiba mosfets?

If no one is sure, I will just get the correct 500 ohm parts rather than do a bunch of resoldering, not that big of a hurry! Has anyone tried 1K pots with the Toshiba FE mosfets successfully?

Thanks in advance,

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.