Official M2 schematic

Hi Attila, I had to moved the rectifiers anyhow as the leads from the toroids where too short. Now that I moved the rectifiers and cleaned up the power in cabling ( my first iteration was a mess and I didnt like it), I can rotate the toroids +- 15deg around the position with secondaris furthest from the pcbs. This evening will tell if the changes matter at all.
@kbergsson
as you wrote in post 2955 the hum is immediately gone when switch is flicked.
diagnose -> induced magnetic field from mains trafo
cure -> alter distance and/or position of trafo
change at caps or rectifiers will not cure hum.

regards
A.

Last edited:
After reading all of you advice/comments, Nelson comment of having the possibility of 60 degree rotation of toroids to find sweet spot plus a comment from somebody earlier in this or another Pass thread that keeping the secondaries as far from the edcors as possible was paramount ----- I did what I sketched earlier and Ypeeee !!!! :D :D NO HUM. With the ears in the horns I can hear their on but I cannot hear any hum or noise from the listening position :happy2: and it sounds great on my A5s and Aikido linestage ( low gain ).

Attachments

• IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 431
Thanks Twst :)
Congratulations Kbergsson :cheers:
Do You try how M2 sing with Dave Slagle AVC passive volume they are totaly quiet ?
Thanks Soundhappy :) I havent tested them yet with the Slagel autoformers. The F6 where better with some linestage gain. Will be exciring to test the M2s. For now Im quite happy and wil let them run in for a couple of days before pullig out my tinbox with the slagle autoformers ( used to be my preamp for many years ).

Yesterday evening after having my M2 playing all day ( burning in ). I went down to the dungeon to listen to music. One channel dead "panic"!!. No smell of burned components, no smoke and silent side just as warm as the functioning side. Hmmmm. My DIY skills probably a lot poorer than I thought/ hoped :(
Just before tearing everything a part, I connected my F6. One channel dead as well, pewwww. M2 was ok :)
Linestage tube or DAC vas probably the issue. With panic reseeding I touched the volume of the silent side. Bling both channels ok. For some reason one volume selector had landed between connections :). Listened to music until late. Thanks Mr Pass for one more of your great designs making beautiful music in my dungeon.
From One size fits all YouTube

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
If I ever decide to do that, it would probably be sometime after the diyAudio Store starts selling M2x boards. Certainly I'd wait until a few members have built and auditioned all five input stages on the Store PCBs, and shared their listening impressions & preferences. I'd probably post in the other thread, the one about M2x itself.

Listening impressions

Hi Soundhappy, tested the M2 with the Slagle autoformers. Got a puzzling result. All my other amps become more transparent and more aggressive via the autoformer volume. The M2 got too laid back ?? and lost its toetapping rithm. It was overly relaxed in a way that made the music less interesting ?? Go figure. Are the big caps in my powersupply maybe too slow? The toe tapping rithm/speed and music returns back when I connect the Aikido linestage. As things stand now I think the F6 is a better match in my system. Might try and swap boards, ie put M2 boards into my F6 cabs with smaller stereo supply and drive the F6 with the more powerful stereo supply.
Congratulations Kbergsson :cheers:
Do You try how M2 sing with Dave Slagle AVC passive volume they are totaly quiet ?