IRF510 or IRF610 in bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tobias_svensk said:
Hello, I just wanna ask wich one of these you guys prefer, in terms of sound quality. If there is a difference... thinking about Rds on them if that maybe could make a difference.

Thanks

It's the Gfs and Ciss that makes the biggest difference. I think the 510 sounds a little darker, more mature, "macho". I also enjoy the 610 very much. Try both and you'll find your preference ;)

Praudio said:
Transfo, wiring,diodes,capa,solder,volume will do much more on sound quality than the choice of 510/610 .

Don't think so. These choices are likely to be the same anyways.

Thanks for your answers Nelson and Mad_K !

When I saw that Mr. Pass had answered my post I looked like a combination of this -> :bigeyes: :hot: (never heard that before have you.. ;) )

Now I don´t have to build my bosoz because my real goal is achieved. Ok, I´m joking a bit.

So, I will buy some extra stuff and try to experiment a bit.

I´ll be back

Good night

tobias_svensk said:
Thanks for your answer.

Speaking off diodes.. the 1N4005 for rectifing, there must be something better than that. I have some OnSemi TO220 diodes.
MURH860CT
MSR860

I was thinking off maybe using the MURH´s

Cheers

Same answer as above really. Try both, and you'll find the one you like.
I found that the msr860 sounded very nice, maybe too nice if you know what I mean. Gives a smooth, acoustically "true" sound. I don't know about the murh860ct but I tried mur860 and they give a little more "snappy" sound; apparently more dynamic and agile presentation. ;)

I last had it working with IRFD110s. Don't ask me how hot they got... I was too chicken to touch 'em. :)

I was also using lower rails and constant current sinks (to compensate for the lower rails). I reckon I can use an even lower negative rail, but haven't done that yet.

When I put it together again I'm going to use IRF510s like I had for my original BOZ.

E.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.