Aleph P VS. Aleph L...Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not a design engineer but obviously the major differences are that they are balanced and unbalanced designs but if one took the "L" ver 1 circuit and added Q-17 and associated components would there be any performance gains. I am assumming that Q-17 and parts are there in the "P" ver. 2 to allow cross coupling...but what other benefits are there? Or would there be any? Just looking at ways to improve the basic "L" itself.

Thanks in advance for any tips and answers!

Mark

The half of Aleph P1.7 seems to be almost the same as the L circuit,accept that negatie CCS.
I'm no expert here ,but I think that applying this CCS to Aleph L might bring some benefits.

Also if you want better sound than Aleph L build Aleph P.
Even using it unbalanced (negative input grounded and negative output unused) it sounds better than L.Not a whole lot but quite a bit better.Just a couple of mosfets and resistors more ,and still no need for balanced volume control.

Bartek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.