F6 Illustrated Build Guide

I was listenig to some 70 rock and folk LPs last night with a good vine in the glass and the house still as the grave. It hit me how the F6 conveied music in an utterly un-pretentious, believable and involving manner ( I was only on my 2nd. Glass of vine :) ).
The rest of the chain is not high-end in any way, diy Aikido linestage, Boozehound phono, Sowter SUT, cheap DIY wires an interconnects, my old and battered Altec A5s, the Denon dl103 has its limits and my DIY Lenco has some motor noise. Still the sound was sublime and at relatively low volume. Look forward to hear the M2 once I finish it.
But once more I have to say Mr. Pass the F6 is a great amp and I look forward to build and test more your FW amps.

I was listenig to some 70 rock and folk LPs last night with a good vine in the glass and the house still as the grave. It hit me how the F6 conveied music in an utterly un-pretentious, believable and involving manner ( I was only on my 2nd. Glass of vine :) ).
The rest of the chain is not high-end in any way, diy Aikido linestage, Boozehound phono, Sowter SUT, cheap DIY wires an interconnects, my old and battered Altec A5s, the Denon dl103 has its limits and my DIY Lenco has some motor noise. Still the sound was sublime and at relatively low volume. Look forward to hear the M2 once I finish it.
But once more I have to say Mr. Pass the F6 is a great amp and I look forward to build and test more your FW amps.

The F6 is an amazing amplifier, but much like the F5 very revealing and unforgiving if the medium and other components are not it's equal. With horns that are sensitive and revealing this is more evident. When everything is right, system, source, both sound fantastic. If not the faults in system, source will be more evident. With my horns I prefer an amplifier that is a little more forgiving. Just my observation after building many of the FW clones.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
they're all Sissy amps

except M2

Attachments

• one ring.jpg
    one ring.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 670
  • hihihihi.gif
    hihihihi.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 672
The F6 is an amazing amplifier, but much like the F5 very revealing and unforgiving if the medium and other components are not it's equal. With horns that are sensitive and revealing this is more evident. When everything is right, system, source, both sound fantastic. If not the faults in system, source will be more evident. With my horns I prefer an amplifier that is a little more forgiving. Just my observation after building many of the FW clones.
My Altecs are quite revealing but not as revealing as the Lowther horns I had for over a decade, although I think the F6 would be ok on Lowthers if the rest of the chain is in order.
ZM M2 will be singing soon ;)
YouTube

Last edited: