F6 Illustrated Build Guide

I don't see any insulation between mosfet case and heatsink.
That could be a bloody big problem if the heatsinks aren't isolated.
Your notice woke me up and checked ceramic insulations. And i saw that its broken cause of very hard pressure. I think, there was a little contact. now everythings okey for one channel. Next i ll try for other channel.
Thanks you very very much.[emoji120]

SM-P602 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Lightbulb Mains lead notes -

bulbtester1.jpg

In Australia the Live and Neutral pins are the other way around.

https://www.accesscomms.com.au/Reference/powerplug.htm

Disabled Account
Joined 2014
diyAudio Mosfet F6 BOM (bill of materials) Notes --
Transformer 300-400VA 18+18Vac secondaries, shielded if available. Antek AS-3218 or equivalent (Bigger is useable if you have it, but 300-400VA is about perfect.)

Hi. Beautiful project !

I see you mentioned that transformer, I also see it's really cheap to buy. I wonder how difference would it make if I used custom built local ones as mono blocks. The difference in price would be 200$ more, but will it make much difference ? I mean does it worth it or the cheap Antek will be good enough ? I'm also building a chipamp so same question applies...

Thanks !

R4 goes up in smoke and little V- current draw:
Hi! I built boards and while waiting for splitter transformers just substituted the secondary windings with 47R resistors. Hooking up the board to two lab supplies it was easy to bias and null offset. Now I put in the transformers (Lundahl 1547) and on one of the boards the negative supply draws very little current and R4 started smoking.
I checked the transformer wiring and see no mistake. Who has a hint what to look for?