UGS-muse preamp GB

I sold my triggers and Sub PCB with a complete UGS ''All-Inclusive'' kit that I had extra. Since this new UGS preamp is using the same little PCB, I had to make a set for me, by hand. Here the result compare to the original. I installed the new ones into my wife ''All-Inclusive'' and I kept the original for the Muse-UGS ;)

Now I'm starting the others pcb assembly.

Attachments

• New Trigger & Sub.JPG
    New Trigger & Sub.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 693
For those interested, Alex found a problem with the latest firmware. If you used a slow starting analog power supply (with large capacitor) for example, the processor sets the Muse chip parameters within 70-80ms.

But since the Muse is supplied by the analog supplies, and the not the digital one, the analog supply may be still too low, for the Muse chip to initialize correctly.

For example my friend Rachid (Ine username) preamp analog supply was only at 0.5V once the Muse chip was receiving the code. End result was that the Muse remains in its default configuration, stereo mode, hence the Muse was not working in Balanced mode, even if the menu selection was such...

Alex said that he should come up with a firmware update to correct the problem. Please refer to the French forum thread for update...

Hello Jacek,

By fix you mean controlling the balance with the remote control, is that correct?
If it is then yes I did one very quickly already following one request from Ine.
I sent him the binary for further testing. It seems working (I did not tried it myself not using my audio system for a while, too busy at real work).
I am waiting for Ine full testing before putting it online but I can send you a version now if needed and glad if you can test it :).
PM me if needed with an email.

For those interested, Alex found a problem with the latest firmware. If you used a slow starting analog power supply (with large capacitor) for example, the processor sets the Muse chip parameters within 70-80ms.

But since the Muse is supplied by the analog supplies, and the not the digital one, the analog supply may be still too low, for the Muse chip to initialize correctly.

For example my friend Rachid (Ine username) preamp analog supply was only at 0.5V once the Muse chip was receiving the code. End result was that the Muse remains in its default configuration, stereo mode, hence the Muse was not working in Balanced mode, even if the menu selection was such...

Alex said that he should come up with a firmware update to correct the problem. Please refer to the French forum thread for update...

Long time I haven't been here.
Well this was not a problem in the firmware, the firmware was fine, just in that case with large capacitors the power ON sequence was really long.

Hello Jacek,

By fix you mean controlling the balance with the remote control, is that correct?

(...)

I am waiting for Ine full testing before putting it online but I can send you a version now if needed and glad if you can test it :).
PM me if needed with an email.

Alex,

Thank you for your reply, yes - this is exactly what I meant. Happy to participate in testing, will PM you shortly.

rgds
-jacek