UGS-muse preamp GB

Yes, you can transfer directly to your linked bank account at no fee. As for payment options:

1. Friends or family is free of charge; however I don't think that this would provide Alex with the buyer detail (address, etc.). I could be wrong on that.
  2. The other option would be to do a standard payment and use a Paypal fee calculator to add in the fee so Alex receives the full amount. This risks people under paying.

...that until paypal detects you are receiving a recurring amount from many different people and then (just ask me why i know...) they will apply automatically the fee for further incoming transactions.
I have heard of cases where paypal kept on hold the balance until they figured out a way to recover the loss with the paypal account owner.

At any rate... i am confortable to pay the fees for making a clean "commercial" transaction... not sure if that will be the case for everybody.

And, not sure how your postal service will handle transfers to Italy... but at the moment, despite the situation, our postal service (Italy) is running strong and i am candidating myself as a relay point for europe.

if that is the case, i can also arrange the order of the board (instead of you making one big order and then send a sub-set of that to me to then relay again to others...) just forward me gerbers and i will order as per your specifications. May I suggest JlcPcb, they are running full steam right now and the quality is aligned with the best you can get on the market, they offer different thickness (both board and copper) with ENIG.

Never heard that but I can image that some people have abused.
Anyway I think PayPal will be the best for alex to get the money from everybody without dealing with other side issues.

...that until paypal detects you are receiving a recurring amount from many different people and then (just ask me why i know...) they will apply automatically the fee for further incoming transactions.
I have heard of cases where paypal kept on hold the balance until they figured out a way to recover the loss with the paypal account owner.

At any rate... i am confortable to pay the fees for making a clean "commercial" transaction... not sure if that will be the case for everybody.

Didn´t happen to me, when I made the GB Mini-Me phono pre. Got every payment in full.
And as soon as it hit my PP account, I just transferred it to my bank account. Super easy and no hazzle at all :)

Thanks for all the feedbacks on PayPal in such a short time, I'll check this more carefully tomorrow.

But one point I just realized and that I completely omitted in my previous message is that France and many other countries are preventing people to leave home so nearly impossible to go to the post office to redispatch the parcels. I am afraid we'll have to be patient to see how the situation evolves. I'll get more details at Taiwan post as well and keep you updated.

i ship goods from home.

why not doing a different kind of thing ?

pay per gerber, instead of pay per pcb. so in the end we will be free to make the pcb wherever we want, when we want.
maybe still keep the option of the pcbs shipped from twn for future, but for the moment, i think that is a good opportunity.
Just lock requests from people that has already joined... this way you have eliminated almost the 99% of people that can leverage gerber from some "not-licensed" use. If someone has joined in the GB has already accepted the fact that he will receive a pcb set, so, is easy to assume that nobody at the moment is planning in some shady re-selling.

You can lock gerber file on a password protected archive and release password only to who are paying the license-fee to you.

Just an idea

Last edited:
You don´t need to worry Alex. Despite all the "stay at home" (I´m sent home for work as well) , the "supply chain" in most European countries, that goes for all kinds of transport incl. postal/courier services still work 100% :)

Thanks for the info. I was just worry that nobody is allowed to go to the Post office for the redispatch despite the Post offices are operating. Let's see.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I don't plan to leave the money collected on my Paypal account so once done does anybody know if there is a possibility to transfer back the money to my bank account?
PayPal is a good option,you do not have to transfer the money to your bank account, most of PCB provider accept PayPal. But you can also use shop stores online like Etsy or Tindie for example. Each one have to order and pay online. Exemple with XRK971 who use Etzy

I can take of the component GB for Europe:

For people interested for the Component GB could we had a tag in the PCB GB sheet ?
Can I recommend that you do a rundown of what each kit will cost in the end ?
You would also need to address the choice of components. Some are picky while others are not. Silmic II el.cap's, Yageo MF/MFR resistors, WIMA foil capacitors etc. are a few of the brands/models I want to equip mine with.