Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

UGS-muse preamp GB
UGS-muse preamp GB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2017, 09:59 PM   #331
Algar_emi is offline Algar_emi  Canada
diyAudio Member

UGS-muse preamp GB
Got lucky. Bought an original Pass Labs XP preamp remote from Canuck and it is using Phillips IR code. Tried it with my UGS ''All Inclusive'' preamp and it is working just fine. I'll have a very nice remote for y new UGS preamp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_1580.jpg (226.9 KB, 599 views)
Old 17th June 2017, 08:56 PM   #332
Algar_emi is offline Algar_emi  Canada
diyAudio Member

UGS-muse preamp GB
For those interested, Alex found a problem with the latest firmware. If you used a slow starting analog power supply (with large capacitor) for example, the processor sets the Muse chip parameters within 70-80ms.

But since the Muse is supplied by the analog supplies, and the not the digital one, the analog supply may be still too low, for the Muse chip to initialize correctly.

For example my friend Rachid (Ine username) preamp analog supply was only at 0.5V once the Muse chip was receiving the code. End result was that the Muse remains in its default configuration, stereo mode, hence the Muse was not working in Balanced mode, even if the menu selection was such...

Alex said that he should come up with a firmware update to correct the problem. Please refer to the French forum thread for update...
Old 24th June 2017, 10:40 AM   #333
aspringv is offline aspringv  Australia
diyAudio Member

UGS-muse preamp GB
Always interested. Thanks for letting us know!

I hope to start mine soon. I have no smd skills at all, and it's been making me nervous to commence such a project. Parts on order in a week or so, and then on we go!
Old 13th November 2017, 06:03 PM   #334
Fabian85 is offline Fabian85  Germany
diyAudio Member

UGS-muse preamp GB
Any chance to get a PCB set or the Eagle/Gerber files? I know I am a bit "late"...
Old 13th November 2017, 06:16 PM   #335
Nikola Krivorov is offline Nikola Krivorov  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

I've got a complete, almost finished set that I am considering selling but it will be expensive... Has all the hard the find parts though. PM me if interested.
Old 19th November 2017, 10:34 PM   #336
jacek_k_wawa is offline jacek_k_wawa  Poland
diyAudio Member

@Alex_twn

Is there a still a chance for a new version of firmware with fix for balance finctionality?
Old 20th November 2017, 12:51 AM   #337
Alex_twn is offline Alex_twn  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Hello Jacek,

By fix you mean controlling the balance with the remote control, is that correct?
If it is then yes I did one very quickly already following one request from Ine.
I sent him the binary for further testing. It seems working (I did not tried it myself not using my audio system for a while, too busy at real work).
I am waiting for Ine full testing before putting it online but I can send you a version now if needed and glad if you can test it .
PM me if needed with an email.
Old 20th November 2017, 12:57 AM   #338
Alex_twn is offline Alex_twn  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algar_emi View Post
For those interested, Alex found a problem with the latest firmware. If you used a slow starting analog power supply (with large capacitor) for example, the processor sets the Muse chip parameters within 70-80ms.

But since the Muse is supplied by the analog supplies, and the not the digital one, the analog supply may be still too low, for the Muse chip to initialize correctly.

For example my friend Rachid (Ine username) preamp analog supply was only at 0.5V once the Muse chip was receiving the code. End result was that the Muse remains in its default configuration, stereo mode, hence the Muse was not working in Balanced mode, even if the menu selection was such...

Alex said that he should come up with a firmware update to correct the problem. Please refer to the French forum thread for update...
Long time I haven't been here.
Well this was not a problem in the firmware, the firmware was fine, just in that case with large capacitors the power ON sequence was really long.
Old 20th November 2017, 01:08 PM   #339
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_twn View Post
Hello Jacek,

By fix you mean controlling the balance with the remote control, is that correct?

(...)

I am waiting for Ine full testing before putting it online but I can send you a version now if needed and glad if you can test it .
PM me if needed with an email.
Alex,

Thank you for your reply, yes - this is exactly what I meant. Happy to participate in testing, will PM you shortly.

rgds
-jacek
Old 24th November 2017, 10:06 PM   #340
diyAudio Member

@alex_twn

Have you got my PM?

UGS-muse preamp GBHide this!Advertise here!