Heatsink for F2J?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I scrounged this from a 5 x 75w class A/B amp. It's 107mm high and 380mm long. Do you think it will dissipate enough heat for one channel of an F2J, which I think is 24v x 2.5A = 60w?

Thanks

Attachments

• heatsink.jpg
    heatsink.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 247
I thought I would report back as I have never tested heat sinks before, and it might be of interest to others.

I had bits to do a quick test as per the photo. 21v with 2 x 15R to ground, about 1.4A at 30 watts each, 60w in total, the F2J dissipation. Not sure whether the meter temp probe or the blimey test are the more accurate. After 1.5 hrs of cooking the resistors are at a constant 36C, the middle top of the sink back plate 33C and a middle fin 27C. Ambient is 18C. I can hold my hands on the sink fins indefinitely, and can keep my fingers on the resistor cases easily for 10 secs and more.

Good to go, you think?

BTW the case the sink is sitting on is reserved for the Sony Vfet Part 2. It used to house the Pass A20 from the 70's until I blew up a channel some years ago.

Attachments

• Heatsink Test.jpg
    Heatsink Test.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Pass Heatsink Test.PNG
    Pass Heatsink Test.PNG
    32.3 KB · Views: 137
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.