BOSOZ source switching with SE relays - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2004, 08:28 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default BOSOZ source switching with SE relays

Hi All,

I had to set my BOSOZ project aside for several months and am now about to finish it. I am wondering if there is any way that I could use the relays in an NAD 1600 (single ended) preamp for balanced source switching in my BOSOZ? I have a 4 pole switch that I was going to use and a pair of ALPS 10K POTS, but I'd rather turn the 4 pole switch into a stepped attenuator and use the relays for channel switching if I could.

Thanks,

Greg
Old 4th February 2004, 08:51 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Greg,

its no problem to use se relais for balanced switching. Just parallel two of them. One can handle the plus and one the minus signal.

william
Old 5th February 2004, 08:07 AM   #3
lgreen is offline lgreen  United States
diyAudio Member

Default relays

I looked at relays for use in my BOSOZ. No matter what you do you are going to need to switch 4 signals per input for the balanced connections. So you are forced to use either pairs of dual relays or a very expensive quad relay (which I chose, perhaps stupidly). So I don't know what's in your NAD 1600, but you will maybe need to double them up if they are only dual pole.

Also, don't be afraid to install some new ones, high quality NAIS D2 series relays (2 pole) or similar low signal relays can be had on the cheap, around $2.00 each.

Here is my circuit.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...682#post296682

Hide this!Advertise here!