A little tip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the process of building an Aleph J. I purchased a chassis and it came with the mfr's. logo on the front (gold anodized) in large black letters.
The mfr. had stated in their Q&A section that isopropyl alcohol would remove the lettering. I tried it and no luck. It then popped into my head that I had recently cleaned a spot on my rug with a spray product called Awesome carpet spot and stain remover (made in the U.S.A). It said removes ink stains amongst others. I tried it and presto, the lettering came off like magic. It is non flammable as well. I don't know, maybe other brands that remove ink spots would work as well.

Yes of course, is your language. But we need your technical teachings about electronic not in nail polish removers.
The thread talk a member that tried isopropanol for keep out a sticker from one faceplate of aleph J.
Maybe in Scotland some body can't use acetone because it has oil.
What I like is to see how Andrew becomes :cuss: and I see is so easy. :rofl:

English is not my native language either, so I had to read the posts a few times just to see what the talks were about.

Andrew said nothing more than the "pure acetone" that he bought had "oil in the ingredients label". He didn't mention the effectiveness of the acetone that he bought either. No idea why those followed up posts at all. They look provocative, IMHO.

Let's go back to original topic.
I bought some China made chassis from ebay, and they had painted some crazy Chinese "brands" and model on the front plate. Here is one of them:
Aluminum Case Chassis Enclosure for AR998 Amplifier with Heatsink 483 380 180mm | eBay

Pure Acetone from Ace Hardware could not remove the paint. Even a razor didn't work, but I didn't attempt to the point that I could risk of scratch the front plate. Then my brother (who works in a print shop) gave me a can of left over "paint removal" gel to try, and it worked the magic.

Attached are pics of the "paint removal" gel and the front plate afterward. You can compare the result to the ebay ad.

Notice that the gel is very very strong, I accidentally got some to my forearm, and it gave me burning sensation after a few seconds, and I had to rinse it off right the way. So, read the label and use with caution. Don't say I didn't warn you.

PS, this thread is more appropriate to be in Construction Tips than Pass Labs. Maybe the moderator can move it and also remove the unrelated posts, including my 1st 2 paragraphs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150418_113300.jpg
    IMG_20150418_113300.jpg
    894.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20150418_113152.jpg
    IMG_20150418_113152.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 66
I have a pair of the original Atmasphere MA1s that have silk screening on them that no longer applies. I've tried everything I can think of to remove the silk screening, nothing works, not even aircraft paint remover gel. The chassis are black anodized aluminum that I don't to ruin either.

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.