Aleph J boards and LSJ 74 Fets - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2015, 11:31 PM   #1
oreo382 is online now oreo382  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Aleph J boards and LSJ 74 Fets

I have a couple questions; does anyone know when the boards will be ready? The store says sometime around April 1.
Second I read in one of the threads that the store Fets were being matched within their respective grades. I bought 8 LSL74's from the store (c grade ). Does this matching mean you will receive 8 matched?
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 04:05 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo382 View Post
I have a couple questions; does anyone know when the boards will be ready? The store says sometime around April 1.
Second I read in one of the threads that the store Fets were being matched within their respective grades. I bought 8 LSL74's from the store (c grade ). Does this matching mean you will receive 8 matched?
Your boards are in the store now. Aleph J:
http://www.diyaudio.com/store/amplif...it-boards.html

Russellc
__________________
Pass B-1 preamp, Pass F-5 Amp, Pass F-6 Amp, Pass BA-3 Preamp, Pass BA-3 Amp, Pass M-2 amp, Pass Pearl 2 Phono

Last edited by Russellc; 13th April 2015 at 04:10 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 05:45 AM   #3
hates ground loops
diyAudio Member
 
Rodeodave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the alps
Blog Entries: 1
Regarding the 2sj74 jfets, you'll get devices with similar Idss. Out of these you might be a able to match pairs, but a larger batch size might be needed for that. There are plenty of threads and articles on matching available.
__________________
Gravity - Making the G since 13.7 billion B.C.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2015, 12:58 PM   #4
oreo382 is online now oreo382  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thanks for the replies. I had an email the other day saying the order has been shipped. Crossing fingers I can get 2 fairly closely matched sets. I'm getting itchy to start building the Aleph J!
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:27 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo382 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I had an email the other day saying the order has been shipped. Crossing fingers I can get 2 fairly closely matched sets. I'm getting itchy to start building the Aleph J!
Did you receive your jfets, and were you able to get matched pairs out of your batch? Especially considering with "b" grade limits you to one set of 8.

Russellc
__________________
Pass B-1 preamp, Pass F-5 Amp, Pass F-6 Amp, Pass BA-3 Preamp, Pass BA-3 Amp, Pass M-2 amp, Pass Pearl 2 Phono

Last edited by Russellc; 2nd May 2015 at 02:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:34 PM   #6
oreo382 is online now oreo382  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Yes I did get the FET's and here are the IDSS values I got using a 9V battery and measuring current with a Fluke 25 dmm.
16.31 11.38 13.63 14.05 19.42 16.17 11.84 11.56
So I matched up the 11.38 and 11.56 16.17 and 16.31.
They are within 2% , that's the best I could do so I have installed them and
finished the Aleph, everything worked, set the biases and zero's. Now I am getting ready to give it a listen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:48 PM   #7
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member
 
6L6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
That matching of Idss is fine. Things will work great!
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2015, 02:02 PM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo382 View Post
Yes I did get the FET's and here are the IDSS values I got using a 9V battery and measuring current with a Fluke 25 dmm.
16.31 11.38 13.63 14.05 19.42 16.17 11.84 11.56
So I matched up the 11.38 and 11.56 16.17 and 16.31.
They are within 2% , that's the best I could do so I have installed them and
finished the Aleph, everything worked, set the biases and zero's. Now I am getting ready to give it a listen.
Thats great, and good to know. I figured it would work out like that, otherwise why bother making them available! Again, thats great to know.

Russellc
__________________
Pass B-1 preamp, Pass F-5 Amp, Pass F-6 Amp, Pass BA-3 Preamp, Pass BA-3 Amp, Pass M-2 amp, Pass Pearl 2 Phono
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brian GT Aleph Mini SMD boards and PS Boards mattattnet Swap Meet 1 17th September 2011 03:11 AM
FS - Pearl 2 boards and matched FETs... gotoma8 Swap Meet 4 16th September 2011 06:52 PM
FS - Pearl 2 boards and matched FETs... gotoma8 Swap Meet 0 7th September 2010 05:35 PM
FS - Pearl 2 boards and matched FETs... gotoma8 Swap Meet 0 27th August 2010 02:55 AM
Pass Aleph 1.7 boards, Zhaolu 2.5A, P700 VRDS, UGS PS boards, dac chips analog_sa Swap Meet 4 14th March 2009 06:29 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2016 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Wiki