New PassDIY Headphone Amp (now available)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

asking for help - and advice.

1) I'm using Takman Resistors for the amp - Can I use 510R instead of 499R in position R11, R19, R25, R31 and can someone explain me, how I could figure this out by myself?
2) Can someone help me and explain how to connect earth and grnd properly?
3) Where should I connect GRND from the INPUT for left and right channel?
3.1) All Star grounded and Earth connected to Star ground as well?
4) Q1-Q4 - shall the parts be isolated from the heatsinks?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but haven't done that much projects yet.

many thanks and best regards, tom

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
1) Yes, that will make no difference to the operation of the amp at all.

2) Wayne, what worked best for you?

3) There is a pad above R39 that connects to GND

3.1) Not sure of the question

4)Not required. Do make sure that the heatsinks touch nothing except the PCB

Somewhere in a post I remember Wayne saying that the board ground should be tied to chassis ground through a .1uf capacitor. I scraped some of the green paint off the large ground pad on the bottom of the board and soldered the capacitor to it and ran a lead to chassis ground. Remember to tie the ground from the AC mains to chassis ground. Safety first.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
You want a hard ground to the chassis from the AC ground and then .047 - .22 from chassis to in put connector. The transistors don't need isolation or insulators as long as the sinks don't touch the chassis. Some of the available transistors are fully epoxy isolated and that makes it easy.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Photo of ground that is quiet and safe.

Attachments

• Attachment-1 (1).jpeg
    Attachment-1 (1).jpeg
    587.1 KB · Views: 1,491
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.