New PassDIY Headphone Amp (now available)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Swapped the AD823 with a Sparkos SS3602. Has turned out to be a really nice match with the rest of the parts. Voices are pleasant, mids are present without being harsh, the highs are crystal clear and soft to the ears. Definitely worth a listen. To my ears really makes all of Wayne's work shine.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
10 VA is a bit small 15 VA works with 22 Ohm source resistors but I think 10 is too small. Power usage is about 20 watts with 10 Ohm source resistors and 22 Volt secondaries. It may work with the lower rails and lower bias and you can certainly try it.

Hello
I have a Talema trafo 18v x2 10Va , can be fine for this project?
10VA 36Vac transformer has a maximum continuous AC output of 277mAac
Connect to a capacitor input filter and the maximum continuous DC output drops to approximately 50% to 60%, i.e. 140mAdc to 170mAdc.
If you take this much continuously the transformer will run hot.
I recommend for cool operation and a long reliable life you draw a continuous DC current of no more than 70mAdc to 80mAdc.

Swapped the AD823 with a Sparkos SS3602. Has turned out to be a really nice match with the rest of the parts. Voices are pleasant, mids are present without being harsh, the highs are crystal clear and soft to the ears. Definitely worth a listen. To my ears really makes all of Wayne's work shine.

The Sparkos discrete op-amps are really nice and will easily compete head-to-head with the Bursons.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.